Gardening in January?
Need Help with Your 2021 Vegetable Garden?
It’s not too early to be thinking about your 2021 vegetable garden. Whether you are a first-time gardener or a seasoned grower, we may be able to help you if you are a Chipman Hill Property Services client. We’re here to help you avoid a disappointing crop of mediocre vegetables.
If you are a novice, topics that we can discuss with you this winter and early spring include:
- considerations for selecting a location for your garden
- how to design a garden with or without raised beds
- which seed companies and local suppliers to use
- tools and fencing needed for working your soil
- which varieties are appropriate for our climate zone and your taste
- a timetable for planting and harvesting to keep fresh vegetables coming to your
table at their peak
- preparing the proper soil for planting
- starting seeds indoors and in cold frames to get a jump on spring
- composting for your garden
During the summer and fall, we can help you with;
- fertilizing, watering, mulching and weed control.
- storing, freezing, and cooking your bounty
- pest control, large and small
We can help you with suggestions, advice and the care of your garden.
The results are enjoyable work and healthy eating. Give us a call.
For a fun jump start to your garden planning, you can visit: